Delta Pilot Basics
It’s time for your pre-flight check. Delta Air Lines is looking for pilot candidates who meet our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism, and customer focus. If you are interested in joining our team of professional pilots, you may apply or update your existing application via AirlineApps.com.
- At least 23 years of age.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education recognized accrediting organization.
- Degrees obtained from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents).
Flight Time Requirements
- FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating.
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Meets ALL minimum FAA ATP requirements including successful completion of the ATP written exam.
- Minimum of 1,500 hours of total documented flight time.
- Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time.
- Minimum of 50 hours of fixed wing multi-engine time.
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft.
- Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours and college transcripts.
- FCC Radiotelephone Operator's Permit (RP).
- DOT required pre-employment drug test.
- TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check.
Applications for employment as a Delta pilot must be submitted through AirlineApps.com. Applications for Delta pilot positions may be submitted free of charge, though a fee may be charged if you wish to join AirlineApps as a member for added features. If you are already a member of the AirlineApps system, sign in to your account and add Delta to your target listing.
New users can create an account to begin the application process.